Thursday, September 9, 2010

It's Amore!

After spending time at home this summer, I decided to head to Italy to check out what the fuss was all about ... turns out everyone was right. Italy is a country worth visiting even if it was for a day or for a month! After hearing so much and studying all that could be in terms of art and fashion, this trip had to be made. I started off my trip in the romantic city of Venice. Roaming the streets (by boat!) was an experience to be remembered but it was the Peggy Gugenheim museum and the Gondola ride that made it all worth it! 

Next on the agenda was hopping on the train heading towards Florence. Every inch of the city was full of scupltures, paintings and frescoes it was like an open air museum! I did of course pay a visit to the Uffizi and all other Palazzi's that I heard about in my many classes of the semester and headed towards the design school of Polimoda which lies in the hills of the outskirts of the city.

Last but not least was the city of Rome of course. I could compare it somehow to Paris.. with it's large cosmopolitan status, intense shopping areas and touristic activities ... Rome is on the top of my favorite city list. Shopping was insane of course, Louis Vuitton, Prada and Gucci were right under my hotel which was by the beautiful Spanish Steps on Via Condotti... And who could forget the infamous Fontana de Trevi, glamorous throughout day and night. A euro worth spent in the waters of that fontana with a wish of heading back to Rome someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment